The walk to Geetle’s bus takes about 90 seconds when Giggles is in the stroller. It takes about 10 minutes when she walks. It is just such a fascinating trip that she just has to stop and check out all the amazing things.
For instance the following caught her attention today:
- Her new coat has pockets. Did you know hands fit in those pockets?
- There are approximately 80,000 leaves on the ground along the route. About 5 of them are good enough to pick up and hand to dad. But you have to examine all of them to know which 5 to pick up.
- That one long skinny pine cone. How did it get there?
- When did the root of that tree pop up above the ground? And why is it 6 inches wide and 3 feet long? That’s right, it’s for walking on.
- Her hat has a chin strap that droops down a couple inches below her chin. “I hold my hat.”
- Spinning 30 times around the stop sign pole can make you dizzy enough that dad has to come pick you up before you stumble into the street.
- “I running.” Then she stops and looks at me. “Run, dad.” And then she watches me run to make sure I’m doing right before she starts chasing after me.
And then when you get back, you need an immediate milk and snack to recover all those calories.